Our Folklore, Our Music, Our Food...Our Gifts to the World
Hispanic Fest 2018
Sunday, September 09, 2018, 11am-8pm
Emerald Coast Convention Center
About Hispanic Fest 2018
United for a Good Cause Inc. invites you to be part of Hispanic Fest 2018. It is a special year as we celebrate the 5th Anniversary of this, the largest indoor Hispanic Festival between Tampa ans New Orleans! As always, we will have live and DJ music for all tastes, including American music and non-Hispanic performers, food from several Latin nations and over 75 vendors. We will also have the Art Gallery and Kids Zone and dance and singing contests!
Be part of it by becoming a corporate sponsor, a vendor, volunteer or contact us if you are interested in performing!
We invite you also to find us in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
See you on Sunday, September 9th, 11am - 8pm at the Emerald Coast Convention Center
For Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Te invitamos a parte del Festival Hispano de la región en su 5o Aniversario. Con música en vivo y de DJ para todos los gustos, deliciosa comida de varios países, bailes folkloricos, Galería de Arte, una divertida área para niños y mucho más. Participa comp patrocinador, con un puesto de venta o información, como voluntario o artista.
Buscanos en Facebook, Instagram y Twitter.
Nos vemos el domingo 9 de septiembre, 11am - 8pm en el Centro de Convenciones de La Costa Esmeralda.
Para info: email@example.com
Proceeds from the event will benefit United for a Good Cause Inc's 14th Annual Emerald Coast Christmas Miracle Needy Children's Fiesta. The Fiesta, held each December since 2005, is an everything is free to all that attend charity event.
Hispanics have been a part of the Emerald Coast for hundreds of years with the arrival of the Spanish Armadas into areas like Pensacola.
Hispanics play a huge role in the US economy with their tremendous purchasing power which is estimated at over 1.5 trillion!
Businesses, service agencies and other entities or individuals who enjoy the Hispanic culture are welcomed to become sponsors and vendors! This festival will provide an invaluable opportunity to reach out and market to the growing Hispanic community of the Emerald Coast and NW Florida Region, as well as the large quantities of Non-Hispanics expected to attend.
To enhance diversity in the Emerald Coast region by bringing the overall community together as we showcase and share the richness of the Hispanic/Latin American culture.
To unite all Hispanics regardless of their social, economic, and political background and together, provide a family friendly event for the entire Emerald Coast and Northwest Florida region to enjoy!
- To provide the public with a family oriented event filled with learning through music, dance, food, children's activities, arts and cultural exhibits from as many of our Hispanic nations as possible.
- To emphasize the uniqueness of our culture and the diversity of the Hispanic community of the United States.
- To create an event that showcases local and regional performers, artisans, cultural craftsmen and artifact producers.
- Through distinct activities and exhibits, educate the youth to a better understanding of our culture.
- To provide an invaluable opportunity for Hispanic and Non-Hispanic businesses, service agencies, corporations, and other local and regional entities to reach the growing Hispanic community of the Emerald Coast and the NW Florida Region!
- There are 55 million Hispanics in the United States.
- They are the largest minority at 17%.
- Florida has 4.8 million Hispanics which equates to 23% of its population.
- Hispanic purchasing power nationally is 1.5 trillion.
- The combined income of Hispanics in NW Florida is 1.4 billion.
- The combined income of Okaloosa County Hispanics is approximately 300 million.
- Florida Hispanic owned businesses: 22.4% (a larger percentage than in Texas and California)
- Florida is home to 7 of the 10 largest Latino-owned businesses in the country. Many of which are founded by immigrants.
- Home ownership is at 54%, and the percentage of Hispanic students in Florida classrooms (K-12) is 27%.
- In the NW Florida, the percentage of Hispanics varies from 2% in Washington County to over 9.5% in Gasden (Quincy) County. Okaloosa County is 4.7%.
While the percentages in the Emerald Coast might seem "small" in comparison, they still mean thousands of potential customers for local/regional businesses. For employers, it means thousands of fully bilingual workers. Even in the political arena, it means thousands of potential voters to reach out to and which could make the difference in any election!
The combination of Hispanic demographics, preferences and increased buying power is expected to benefit the following seven economic sectors:
- residential buying
- food - grocery and restaurants
- retail - specifically clothing and electronics
- education - higher learning and technical schools
- financial services
- transportation - automotive and airline
- entertainment and media
Source: IBISWorld, The Growing Hispanic Population Means Big Business for These 7 Sectors, Special Report, August 2011
Hispanic Fest 2018 is sure to be your biggest and most cost effective opportunity to promote your business, market to and network with the thousands of Hispanics and Non-Hispanics from throughout the North West Florida area and surrounding states who are expected to attend this magnificent event.
We invite you to become one of our corporate sponsors. Together we will make a positive difference in our community because the funds raised will help our organization continue our mission to "promote the Spirit of Service, Giving, and Unity among the youth of our area for the benefit of the Emerald Coast community."
Live Bands (Tropical and Mexican music), the area's Top DJs (music for all tastes, including American music), Latin Dance Demos, a Fashion Show, Dance Contests for children and adults and lots, lots more!.
Enjoy the presentations from our area's best groups to include Mexico, Panama, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Honduras, Cuba, Spain and more.
Enjoy the most delicious and popular Hispanic cuisine from area restaurants (pay as you go). Visit our "FONDA HISPANA", where we will have a wide variety of Latin appetizers for sale (tamales, empanadas, rellenitos, arepas, and more).
A Happy World (Un Mundo Feliz) Kids' Zone
Clowns, magicians, puppeteers, piñatas, contests, arts and crafts tables and more! Children will not be able to be bored at Hispanic Fest!
A large variety of vendors will be in place, as well as non-profit organizations, service agencies and others.
Art and Cultural Displays
Art Gallery featuring local artists, plus cultural displays created by individuals and area students.
Enjoy a game of dominoes, Mexican loteria and other popular Table games as you listen to the great performers on stage.